View Single Post
Wildeve
Wildeve has no updates. Edit

Default Jun 26, 2019 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceEngine7 View Post
I have never liked my parents and have always wanted to get away from them. when people say that they love their parents I don't know what they are talking about. I am still stuck with them. they have completely ruined my life. I am in utter confinement and trapped in every way and I long for the day they are dead so I can finally live.
I know exactly how you feel. I feel so much bitterness and rage toward my parents. They were neglectful of their children, emotionally and physically. After my dad died a few years ago, my mother suddenly became all lovey-dovey and supportive because of course now she's alone and so wants to pretend with her children that she was a loving, wonderful mother, which is as far from the truth as it's possible to be (I can't imagine a colder, more disinterested or uncaring mother!).

I stopped speaking to her regularly about a year and a half ago and five months ago told her I want no contact with her, and I told her why and blocked her number.

Anyway, when I see parents on TV loving and supporting their kids, I feel like you: I just don't get it. It makes me cry because I'd give anything to have had loving parents. Their neglect and indifference has screwed me up so completely, I've lived in a dark hole since I was a little kid.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote