View Single Post
wcoltd

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 30, 2019 at 06:36 PM

In my experience, not only is it good to have long term goals. A vision for your future, I find it's best to break down your goals into chunks. I have a long-term goal, a middle goal - the middle goal is accomplishable in 3-6 weeks, and a short term goal in one day. My definite chief aim is, I'm going to make the greatest 3-D 3rd Person Space Combat game ever. It will have the greatest campaign story of any game in the genre. It will have huge maps to explore. That's my goal. I'll have a Demo release ready in 20 days from the date of this posting.

It's important to be around people who encourage you, or at the very least don't discourage you from your passions.

I will talk about anyone about my goals. It's always healthy to do that, and I put a date by when I'm going to accomplish said goal.

Today and tomorrow and the next day I'm going to finish the purchase menu for my game.

My demo release will be on July 19th 2019 - in it I will have a complete purchase menu, cargo screen, equiping, combat A.I., basic docking, greater shield and weapon and ship component selection, on top of all the things I've already accomplished: Garage ship selection, flight mechanics, targeting, off-screen indicators, motion, shields, ship health and energy U.I. and narration and last but not least lead indicators.

What's your goal?
wcoltd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote