View Single Post
ickydog2006
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2004
83 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question Jul 04, 2019 at 04:21 PM

My husband (active duty AF) was recently put inpatient after having dissociative episodes. Before this he wasn't officially diagnosed with PTSD although he obviously has it and is in the process of retraining due to being in a traumatic career field (to another somewhat traumatic career field which I'm not thrilled about). They have paused his training and intend to put him in an intensive outpatient treatment program once they release him. I'm just wondering if anyone has been through this and what the different possibilities are since he is active duty. They put him on meds and the position he is retraining to allows medication (his last field did not). Do they try to keep you and keep you on meds? Do they lean towards pushing towards disability? I'm used to being the one put inpatient so I'm familiar with that part but I don't know how the military deals with such things.

Hugs from:
Lilly2, unaluna