View Single Post
Anonymous40099

Default Jul 11, 2019 at 05:09 PM

For me it is not just about telling more details, but also about saying things I shouldn't say or completely irrelevant to the topic at hand or doesn't concern the person I am talking to.

Right now I would understand if it might be a cry for help, but even when I didn't need help, I was doing it, which made me unlikable, and I still am. I try to focus on what people say, but I always live in my head and just hear voices and see images, which makes engaging with others very challenging!! I either remain awkwardly silent, or I start I interrupting them, changing topics, saying stupid things ... etc. Either way, I am not a pleasant person, and people over the year have avoided me and treated me like I don't deserve to be acknowledged or helped if I need help. I am probably perceived as a self-centered person, but the reality is I cannot connect with people normally. I have empathy and sympathy with others, but when it comes to communication, everything is broken.

I don't know if low self-esteem is a contributing factor or a result, but definitely my self-esteem has severely diminished over the years from the experiences I went through with people.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, Pygmalion, TunedOut