View Single Post
Anonymous46341
Anonymous46341 has no updates. Edit

Default Jul 11, 2019 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Birdancer ... I hope that your able to manage through these rough days. Once things settle down I’m sure you will be able to get back in your normal routine. How’s your dad holding up?
Christina, you've been so sweet checking on how we're doing. Big hugs to you. I'm hoping your pain continues to ease, my PC friend.

It was stressful tonight at the viewing. Luckily, I went with my sister, brother, and nephew. There are always awkward moments with relatives and townies not seen for a while. Tomorrow is the official service. There will be even more people. Families are so complex! I won't even go into why/how.

My dad went early to the viewing with his remaining brother. That uncle was taking him home when my siblings and I arrived. My dad's not holding up well at all. He's fully back on the bottle after only weeks out of the psych hospital and detox. My dad has always been a sensitive soul. His brother's death has hit him hard on a few levels. Everyone seemed to know about his drinking, even people that came from far away. It will kill him soon if he keeps it up. He's 77 and the drinking and depression make him deteriorate quickly. We can't make him stop. He has to do it on his own. Alcohol abuse is terrible! So many people with bipolar and depression die in part or fully because of alcohol. RIP Amy Winehouse, Jim Morrison, Ernest Hemingway, and all of the many others who use that and other non prescribed drugs that in the end do more harm than good.

I barely made it home. There was flooding on the route home. One car was stuck in a deeply flooded part of the road. People coming from the other direction were turning around. I had to choose to either turn around and go another longer route (which could have also been flooded), or give it a try to get through it. I chose the latter. I backed up, put on my emergency lights, and then put my car in a low gear and shot forward basically flying over the flooding. I made it with my Honda Civic. I think my manual transmission and going through fairly quickly was the key. I wanted to go home and definitely not get stuck like hubby and I did the other day en route home from vacation. Luckily, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Jul 12, 2019 at 12:46 AM..

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Cornucopia, fern46, Nammu, Sunflower123, Unrigged64072835, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, Wild Coyote, ~Christina