Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 12, 2019 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macd123 View Post
Well I sort of wrote this because they were longtime acquaintances that were part of my social network. I actually thought they’d be around forever. Wrong, it came as a surprise that they decided to relocate. At any rate they were usually available when I hadn’t talked to anyone for awhile - it was a substantial loss to my social safety net. I’m like you I really don’t put a lot of effort into making friends - I’m pretty content if I can talk to somebody every once in a while. I’m also not as energetic as I used to be - this doesn’t help. I’m not a big “joiner” so when I do make a “friend” it’s rare. I’m a loner by trade and it’s late in the game. I’ve been working on social anxiety my whole life - thanks
Of course I don't know what other websites you may be on... or how old you are either for that matter. But there's a website for people 50 & over I recently became aware of. It's "Buzz50". I'm not a member. I've thought about joining. But despite my advanced age I really have almost nothing in common with other older people. Anyway... if you're not familiar with Buzz50, you might take a look at it. It's not in-real-life interaction, of course. But it might at least provide some additional on-line companionship... & not of the mental health variety. (I think sometimes there's something to be said for that.)

Here's a link:

Senior chat rooms and senior forums for over 50's chatters

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote