View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2019 at 06:25 AM

Without a GED no college will even look at a person....not even a junior college.

Getting a study guide for your GED is probably the best place to start. Moving out without a way to support yourself is impossible. Better to have your own internal drive to become independent than trying to find someone else & depend on them for your escape. People who are abusive tend to prey on people like that.

I don't know if your mental health status or if you have a therapist or psychiatrist but you might turn to them with this problem if you do & ask them what your best solution would be.

You need your GED before you can ever become healthily independent these days & not end up in a worse situation than you already are in.

Some junior colleges or even high schools have classed you can attend with others trying to get their GED. That would be a good possibility too. Can you get a drivers license & use the family car or use a bus to get yourself to the classes?

It is going to take your own internal drive to succeed at this point & just moving to another town or state won't solve your real problem.....it will just create more problems at this point in time. Probably a good idea when you finally are able to become independent. So I would start focusing on the best way possible to get your GED. That is what will start opening doors for you.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky