Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
******Trigger warning*******

My cousin was locked up in the same hospital as I was and he died there. There was a girl there who had some rare medical disorder and she died there. They aim to let you out but for some people that is never a option. Why would they let you out if you were like the girl who banged her head until her eyes blacked and blood came out of her nose. She also swallowed plastic utensils. She constantly having to get surgery and then had to be hand fed. Do you honestly think she will ever be able to return to society? They have a graveyard on the State hospital property for people whos family had abandoned them and they have died there. Im not making this up. Yes they have access to a phone on the wall. Some people are not allowed off the grounds. The lady that died there used to hit everyone that was there. She would never keep any clothes on and urinated in the corner. She had 24/7 watch. She died there. I know that for a fact. People want to think that mental hospitals have changed alot over the years. They have not that much. There were people there with straight jackets and in padded rooms. Some were forced to wear helmets if they were head bangers. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just telling you, you dont want to go. I have been there. They are not going to tell you hey you will be here forever. If they did alot of people's behavior would just stay the same. Criminals in prison who have life are more likely to kill inmates. Why, because what do they have to lose? Same thing in the state hodpital. They can keep you until you die. It's all about your behavior. I live in a group home with a guy. He is my best friend here. He killed someone for beating his mother. He bounced from jail to jail and state hospital to hospital for violence. Why did they let him go? Because he stopped doing that stuff. If he continued to beat the crap out of people you honestly think they would let him out? They always say when you go to the hospital. I am going to place you in the state hospital "long term." It is up to the judge, and treatment team if you ever get out. There was a guy there he used to say stupid stuff like oodles are for noodles and caboodles. Rhyming stuff. That's basically all he did. Several times a day. Otherwise normal as could be and he is still there. One of the guys I was there with transitioned to my group home. He started saying that the manager was stealing his money and he had the F.b.i. surrounding the building. Back to the state hospital he went. He wasn't even here two days. Honestly it's best that some dont ever get out if they hurt people.
your question why didnt they let him go....

he was the one that made that decision through his own behavior of committing crimes every time he was released.

they didnt stick him in a mental hospital for ever, your own post states he got released then committed crimes then got hospitalized again. thats not permanent hold.

thats called choosing to commit a crime then his lawyer defended him and his crime in court with the guilty except for insanity plea. which got him hospitalized for a second time. then he got released and did it again.

permanent means never ever, betting released not even once... here is what it means to be permanently hospitalized...

pretend I have tried to commit suicide. a court says my problem can never be managed or solved. so the court sends me to a hospital and no matter what I do in there I never ever get released for any reason. my file would say "not eligable for being released.

then for the rest of my life my home is the mental hospital never leaving.

think of it like someone coming along and telling you, that you are so dangerious you can not step outside your home ever, your doors and windows are locked tight and theres a guard making sure that you never open your door and leave your home, not even to check the mail, or go tot he store, you are stuck forever in that place never getting out, not even once.

thats what permanent holds are. they were used in the 1800's up to the 1970's to be a forever home for those that could .........never ever....... be outside again.

your cousin was released over and over again according to your post so that says they were not in permanent hold.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote