Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2019 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
Interesting. I've done the entire spectrum of "No," from white lying my way out of the situation - yes, I have a boyfriend, yes, I have somewhere I need to be, yes, you can have my number *gives fake number* - to threatening someone with a shovel.

In my experience, there has been no "correct" response to such aggressive advances. They understood the "soft no" perfectly fine. They merely refused to accept it and hoped that escalation would wear me down (it didn't).
I hear you. I can write a book about people pursuing me after I was very very clear that I have zero interest. And I am not ambivalent or unclear. I am blunt to a fault and still quiet significant number of people refused to get the message. And it’s not generational or age or location. My daughter had identical experiences and we obviously not same age lol and don’t live in the same area

I also think some people have hard time with rejection and can’t accept that someone just isn’t interested. They are convinced that they just have to do or say something and people will change their mind.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote