View Single Post
whimsicalman

Member Since Jul 2018
105 hugs
given
Default Jul 18, 2019 at 04:04 PM

That's true. There will be negative people in all groups. As a gay man, I always refer to the LGBTQ communities, in order to make clear that I do not see us all as one homogenous group. It's like saying the Asian community or the Progressive/Liberal Community or the Christian Community. (I am of an asian ethnicity and identify as progressive and Christian.) Everyone who could be labeled any of those things are not the same as everyone else who can also be so-labeled. We have so many different sub-groups and perspectives. The same with the LGBTQs. I mean, can't even say the "gay community" because Ican say definitely from experience that we do not even remotely all fall into the same "community"! But I would offer the perspective that most of those negative forum people tend to be on the more "militant" side of wahtever group they are a part of, hence their being more free to be more outspoken, brash, intolerant, etc. But, you just try not to be baited, triggered, or similar in your own activity, so as to "rise above it," if you will. Not all LGBTQ groups/forums are bad.
whimsicalman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88, Pygmalion