View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2019 at 05:16 AM

@therorectical has a good and funny suggestion. I tend to go for sarcasm and dead pan humor many times too. All that aside I think its incredible rude and insensitive to say these things to people without kids. I have three and always knew I wanted kids but I would never say to a woman "You might change your mind" or "never say never". Nobody knows the inside story for why someone does not have kids. Before I even got to the part about your cancer I was reminded of an article I read about why its rude to imply that a woman should have kids, assume she does have kids, or that there is something wrong if she doesnt. I admire people who do not want kids being so assured about it. If you do not feel like you would like kids or that you relate to them why should you have them? Women and men can have fulfilling lives without kids, and to imply otherwise is just...rude. Not to mention that you do not know if someone has a physical ailment that would prevent them from having kids. My daughter who is 15 dates a boy who survived non-hodgkins lymphoma and he usually makes dead pan jokes. He calls it the "cancer" card. Good for him for having the strength and humor to deflect. I am sorry if anyone has made you feel bad for not having kids.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Evening