View Single Post
bdgirl9918

Member Since Mar 2019
21 hugs
given
Default Jul 23, 2019 at 02:00 PM

Update:

Sorry it took so long. I’ve been very busy lately. I went and talked to the social worker at my school which ended up being a total nightmare. I told her not to call my parents as this would result in my mom beating me up or worse. She then still tried to call my mom, but thankfully did not have her contact info on my file. She called my dad instead and told him everything I said. She said she wanted to tell my mom everything I said. I was crying profusely because I didn’t want my parents to know I went to the social worker. I begged the social worker to please not call them or give them anymore information afterwards. She then proceeded to yell at me “Shut up and stop crying! I’m not a child and you won’t tell me what to do. If I want to call your parents, I can.” She then called me in the next day and told me that she called CPS, but they aren’t going to do anything because “there’s not enough evidence.” Thankfully my dad did not punish me or tell my mom. He is really the only one in my family that is keeping me from losing it and keeping my mom from severely injuring me. My mom still calls me fat all the time. She has me on a diet and even suggested that I start skipping meals. She also made me try on a swimsuit for her and then proceeded to tell me that I was so fat in it. I’m 5’5 1/2” and I weigh 120lbs. The doctor said that I am at a perfect weight for my height, and I am also a competitive dancer so I am very active and fit. Not too long ago, my mom wanted me to watch a movie with her. The movie was really bad and halfway through, I told her I wasn’t enjoying it very much so I was going to go to bed. She then screamed at me that I am a spoiled brat and a diva. She then told me to “get the **** out of her face”. I apologized profusely and I headed to my bathroom to get ready for bed as I was crying. She then proceeded to try to chuck a full water bottle at me, but my dad stopped her. She then stormed into the bedroom/bathroom and told me that I am “full of ********”. About two days ago, my dad took me to go swimming at a community pool at the gym. It was just us, so I started telling him about the abuse. Unfortunately, he really didn’t understand. I told him that she keeps calling me a retard all the time and criticizes my grades and intelligence. He simply told me that “that’s just her way of encouraging you.” I kept telling him how she cusses me out, puts me down, and tries to beat me. He then told me to never go to the social worker again because he doesn’t want someone to investigate our household or arrest my mom. This was so disappointing and I felt defeated. He knows the abuse goes on and yet he just lets it happen. Maybe it’s because he’s scared my mom will hurt him or divorce him. She threatens him too sometimes and is just abusive to really everyone in the household, but mostly towards me. He just told me that it will be all over in 2 years when I graduate from high school ( I’m graduating two years early because I am in very advanced academic classes at school). I plan on moving to New York with my dad when I go to college as I would still be a minor and will need accompaniment. He said that he doesn’t think my mom will move with us, but she keeps mentioning that she plans to. I honestly don’t know what I will do if she does move with us. My life is already a living hell and I don’t know how I’m going to survive another 2 years and possibly more with her.

Also, about recording her abusing me. I don’t think that will work because she always checks my phone after abusing me to see if I contacted anyone about it. If she found out I was recording her, she would smash my phone (she has smashed the electronics in our house before, including phones), and she would also probably physically harm me. I just can’t seem to find a way to document her abuse that would provide substantial evidence. It’s all a he said - she said situation because a lot of the abuse is verbal and emotional. My dad usually jumps in before it becomes very physical so there are no bruises or injuries that I can really show.

Last edited by bdgirl9918; Jul 23, 2019 at 02:32 PM..
bdgirl9918 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote