Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,697 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 26, 2019 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
I have had a lot of stress lately and notice my self-care has decreased. What do you do to apply self-care?

I pride myself on being physically pretty healthy...then a month or so ago I got a cold or flu...or something terrible going around...was really sick for a whole weekend...then ended up with severe bronchitis which I cannot shake.

The bronchitis has caused me to not keep up with housework and the like and everything is a mess. I live alone. My frig is often empty of food because I don't have the energy to shop. On top of it I am going on a long trip next week and feel like crap. I feel like I will need to request a wheelchair at the airport I am so weak!! Just getting to the airport will be an ordeal...two early morning bus rides including a shuttle.

So. Self-care. For me it is...coming on here and venting! I try to eat well and am vegetarian. Always have a good book on hand for distraction.

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, or eat junk food. Does a veggie sandwich at Subway count as junk food? When stressed I do tend to over-eat. If one can overeat salads and cottage cheese. My one real weakness is pasta. It's my comfort food.

My sleep is disturbed because of coughing, coughing, coughing. Last night I had some honey before going to bed and it helped.

I live alone and am socially isolated (pretty much) and get anxious and I will admit I call my local Crisis Hotline to check in. Sometimes I get someone really good...other times it is just not helpful. I called last night because I felt really anxious...but the call wasn't helpful.

Hot baths. Yoga. Journaling. Freelance writing. Walks. The library. It's not enough. Any suggestions? Yes...I am asking for suggestions. (And yes, am drinking a lot of hot tea for the coughing fits.)
Wow! I wish that I had that much energy to do just that! Have you gone to the doctor for your illness? what about trying cough relief binaural best sound, bronchitis asthma treatment king repair binaural mediation. I had some bad experience with crisis center myself!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote