View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 27, 2019 at 11:02 AM

here in America we usually do not get asked whether or not we want children unless its in the frame of mind where two in a relationship are discussing it in the privacy of their own homes. being a lesbian I always knew I would not have children unless I chose to adopt. and in my life the question never came up, not among those around me nor in school or in college. everyone here in America knows having children is usually a personal choice, and everyone always knows that some have them, some don't, some are thinking about it. its not usually a question asked unless someone is in a firm relationship for quite some time. then people bring up so do you think you will ever get married maybe settle down and have a family.

my wife and I were together for about 5 years when marriage and the hope that someday same sex marriage would allow us to get married happened. we were married about 6 months when discussions of children started among my wife and I, what and how we wanted to accomplish this. family and friends just assumed we would have children one way or another because they already knew both my wife and I love our nieces and nephews and enjoy spending time with them. my point is they didn't ask, they understood that was between my wife and I and if we wanted to share that with them we would. my co workers did ask from time to time. I answered honestly that yes children were a consideration and they would be the first to know when my wife and I got pregnant or adopted. they would joke and say yea right you will be the first to know not I lol my point is children are a personal choice and what to say about it is also a personal choice, just answer in what ever ways is most comfortable for you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Evening