View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2019 at 02:48 PM

Habits and addictions are never easy to change. I have found that most of my "bad" habits are similar to my alcoholism. I had to suffer pain and consequence in order to change. I reached the 300lb mark in 2009 when I was 34. I was getting embarrassed and suffering health issues. I didnt want to feel like I was hiding in the wrong body. I went through a 6 month process in order to qualify for roux-n-y gastric bypass which included proper psychiatric care and medication. I lost all but 15lbs of the weight and have kept it off for 10 years but that is because the surgery is a tool not a fix. I have to follow a clean eating plan in order to maintain. The surgery just made portion control easier and changed the way I absorbed food. It also depends on how badly you want to stop something and to thine own self be true. I say I want to stop smoking but seriously I do not think I want to that much because of the addiction and because of how much I like it and use it as a coping skill. I have suffered no ill effects from it yet or physical setbacks so there is no pain or consequence. In order for me to stop I need to want to more than I want to smoke and I am just not there yet.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself