View Single Post
HowDoYouFeelMeow?
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2014
893 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2019 at 09:16 AM

Mine was tested back in the 1990s and came out as 142. It’s been useful because I have lots of other things I struggle with — mental health, general “weirdness,” physical health, etc. — so it was a relief to not have to struggle in school, as well. I also don’t think I could be successful at work without it. I need to be able to learn quickly, integrate different concepts, and detect implicit patterns. One doctor wanted me to do ECT, but I chose not to because the potential memory loss would destroy my ability to work. It also allows me to fit in with most of my colleagues.

On a rare occasion, I’ll get annoyed at my mother because I have to explain things repeatedly to her that seem obvious to me, but for the most part this doesn’t bother me. I also realize most people probably get irritated at their elders from time to time for such things. One meme that comes to mind says, “To my children: Never make fun of having to help me with computer stuff. I taught you how to use a spoon.”

IQ tests are quite flawed, though. The online ones are close to garbage, and the professional ones are geared towards folks raised in a certain socioeconomic group that have grown up with specific resources and experiences. There’s merit to the cliche “you can’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree.”

PTSD
OCD
Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder (Severe & Recurrent)
HowDoYouFeelMeow? is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote