View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2019 at 05:12 PM

Know that types of tests with higher scores aren't reliable. The scale Mensa uses now cuts off at 135 and 156 for the old test.

I know some people pride themselves with showing their IQ, but then I want to know according to what scale and what test was used.

Also my friend who has a higher score than I do, is lost when it comes to simple reasoning. My own intelligence is also skewed in some direction Which means two high IQ people can be really different from each other.

I don't like to talk so much about the pure numbers of IQ, more about the problems people with good academic skills have as kids, because we're sort of already lost. Kids need to have at least somewhat challenging tasks, but for high IQ kids, they usually just do nothing the first three or four years of school. This can cause them to lose motivation and actually strangely fail school later on.

For me.. i just don't feel stimulated enough in the areas I'm good at, and I feel stressed in areas where I suck. I don't think you have to have a particular IQ score for that to happen.

Also it is a myth that aspies are smart. The diagnosis says you cannot be mentally challenged to have a diagnosis or aspergers, meaning, everyone who has all the symptoms but aren't smart enough, don't get diagnosed.

This is totally resolved by the term aspergers being terminated.