amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2019 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I dont understand why my voices sounding robotic sometimes is not of concern and not seen as schizophrenia by my Psychologist. She said to ask my alters why they are talkimg like robots. Wth?!
your question "Wth?'

people with voices are able to ask their voices why they are like they are, what is their purpose (what do they do to help you and your internal system) why are they there, what caused them to become who and what they are... all kinds of questions can be answered just by asking the voices.

this can be done regardless of what a persons mental disorder, its also part of the therapy program you are doing (IFS)

like before don't try to over think it just do what your psychologist wants you to do.. ask the voices your questions and write down the answers. if they don't give you any answer then just sit there and wait for the answer to come to you.

example when I am having my bipolar voices I can sit down and say aloud or think inside....

I hear you, but I don't understand you. can you tell me why you sound like this?

after a bit the answer comes to me. that psychosis/ delusional voice sounds like this because.

my therapist and I did these kinds of meditative exercises of relaxing and talking inside, asking inside for all kinds of alters and parts that I had due to my many mental and physical health problems that resulted in me hearing voices. (for me hearing voices was not just a dissociative thing.)

my suggestion is don't over think what your psychologist is trying to get you to do, just sit down and do it and see what happens.

like I said before we cant answer why your voices are the way they are, why you think the way you do, only you and your treatment providers can do that because the answers are all inside you. it just takes time and work to find those answers. theres no easy fix, you have to do the work to get anywhere in this. So do what your treatment providers want you to do.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Rive1976