View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Aug 10, 2019 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag4170 View Post
I do a lot of good things, and I just get this strange chill up my spine. The strange thing about me is that I don't think about getting rewards for doing good. I just do it so that I look like a good person. And maybe in trying, that does make me a good person.
No, I think genuinely good people will do good even if those actions appear bad to others. However, I think few people have the balls to commit to an action when everyone else is going against them. It takes just the right balance of concern over others and moral integrity. Psychopaths are lacking in both of these things. Consequently, I think psychopaths are capable of doing great things because they do have the balls to commit to an action even in the face of opposition, but the underlying motivator is always going to be selfish and usually has to do with them being bored.

Reporter: "Sir, why did you risk your life to save this woman from her attacker?"
Heroic psychopath: "Because I wanted to fight some-- Err... Because she needed to be rescued."

Quote:
I have no particular desire to be evil, but the compulsions to do twisted things are ridiculously strong, so I tend to isolate myself when I have them. Not because I would feel guilty, but because I know there are consequences. Psychopaths generally tend to be very successful in their careers and personal lives. It's their sense of grandiosity and power that compel them to be successful by any means. They are very ambitious. I think it's just a matter of their opinion on what success is. It could be politics, amassing knowledge, or in some cases, to be as notorious as possible. Not sure how much of this is fact, but it's what I've noticed personally and is my own opinion.
What sort of twisted things?

I don't feel compelled to do "evil" things, but I tend to disregard any sort of social decorum when I get in one of these moods, only restraining myself enough that I don't get into trouble, and sometimes failing even that. And yeah, I try to isolate myself if I know it's something that'll get me into serious trouble. But I don't want to do that anymore. Do you know how much we could get accomplished if only we could control what triggers these compulsions?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster