View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdcrazy View Post
There are activities in my apartment building too but well I'm almost afraid to make friends. . the little old ladies confronted me and said "do you have Asperger's, all of us were wondering" and knowing I'm so different people notice hurts me
Wow! Even if I'm quite proud of my aspie traits (I feel they are the good part of me), I would be kind of shocked if someone asked me like that. Like, what is that to do with them? If I notice something about others, I don't go confront them. I'd feel so rude if I did.

Now I don't know if you have aspergers, but I kind of guess you do, since your pic of yourself quite looks like... me! You look more like me than ANY of my relatives!!! IDK, but that is just awesome.

Being different shouldn't be a bad thing, but for it to be a good thing one must first feel included. We all need that, to be accepted and be in a context. Some people confuse inclusion with being similar to others, but that doesn't have to be true at all.

You sound like an awesome person and I feel bad that they felt it was OK to say such thing to you. I'd even feel threatened, like "WE all were wondering..." Like, what? Talk about them creating an us and them feeling. Having strong interests and passions is rare, and I feel it's so cool when someone is really passionate about something. Even if it's not what I'm interested in. My own passions are starting to wear off so... yea.