View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
Psychopaths are lacking in both of these things. Consequently, I think psychopaths are capable of doing great things because they do have the balls to commit to an action even in the face of opposition, but the underlying motivator is always going to be selfish and usually has to do with them being bored.

Reporter: "Sir, why did you risk your life to save this woman from her attacker?"
Heroic psychopath: "Because I wanted to fight some-- Err... Because she needed to be rescued."
Psychopaths lack the most fundamental fear, social pressure. When strangers need help, sometimes they don't get it because normals feel awkward about helping. So they just remove themselves from the situation. While the psychopath could not just save someone, they could simply help out in an everyday situation when no one else is stepping up. Not afraid of looking odd. And killing some boredom at the same time.

What I like the most about the psychopaths I've met is that not only will they tell me whatever they want to say, without sugarcoating it, if they find it unnecessary, they provide a different perspective. A new perspective is often something we need. If everyone else gives the same answers, sometimes we need something fresh. And usually they don't get angry if I disagree with them, it's more like a game than something they take uber seriously. Normals can tense up quite fast.

Now of course all psychopaths aren't the same, I understand that. And some are quite negative. But lacking what they lack and having what they have doesn't HAVE to be a bad thing.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster