View Single Post
birdcrazy
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 09:11 PM

I had a public meltdown and they asked me after it happened but they said they suspected very soon after i moved into the building... I have very strong passions which is like the most aspie-like trait I have... the ladies actually are familiar with autistics and one of them says I behave very similarly to her grandson with Asperger's. She wants to get me a weighted vest to help calm me.

There is an Asperger's lady in this building too who hangs out with the same ladies I mentioned above who sometimes talks to me, she thinks I'm Asperger's too lol

Once I went to a bipolar support group, first time I attended, I open my mouth to introduce myself and I get interrupted and a random lady asked "are you autistic too?"

Anyway many mental health professionals and therapists have said it too even, but I've never had a "formal" evaluation and my insurance wouldn't fully cover the cost. Closest I've had was a therapist highly suspecting and giving me the AQ test and RAADS-R and advising testing based on the results. Taking the AQ and RAADS R online and other quizzes, I always test in the autistic range.

But the cooccuring mental illness complicates things...