View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdcrazy View Post
There is an Asperger's lady in this building too who hangs out with the same ladies I mentioned above who sometimes talks to me, she thinks I'm Asperger's too lol

Anyway many mental health professionals and therapists have said it too even, but I've never had a "formal" evaluation and my insurance wouldn't fully cover the cost. Closest I've had was a therapist highly suspecting and giving me the AQ test and RAADS-R and advising testing based on the results. Taking the AQ and RAADS R online and other quizzes, I always test in the autistic range.

But the cooccuring mental illness complicates things...
That there is an asperger woman there already makes me feel a little better because they haven't excluded her.

But yea I can still understand it is emotional if people keeps pointing it out. I would think what the hell do I have a badge saying it or what's going on? It would be strange if people just picked it up like that. I usually pass below people's aspie radar, but that is because I think my ADD shows more.

And for sure, mental illness mixed into it does complicate things! I have so many diagnoses that there aren't even enough boxes on my profile page for all of them. It's weird because I feel rather sane... And knowing what is what. I think for example my sleep issues and my physical illness are somehow connected to aspergers and ADD. What a mess.. LOL.