Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
I'm just getting frustrated because everything I say she says ask your alters. Like for example today I had to make sandwhiches for the building. It's part of my job,I get paid for it. So I was in the walk in refrigerator checking the date on the mayonnaise and for no reason a thought popped in my mind that something was crawling on me. I knew nothing was crawling on me and had no sensation of such. I get these random thoughts like that, that come out of the blue. Sometimes I can link it to a child alter because earlier that morning I saw my roommates baby doll and was looking at it and a child thought popped in my mind thats a baby doll. I could tell it was a child because I could care less about baby dolls. I actually don't like them especially at night. I just know when I tell her about the thought that said I feel like somethings crawling on me she is going to say ask your alters who said that.
I used to get frustrated too when my treatment providers told me to ask my alters. mostly because I was over thinking it.

a good therapist once told me....

"don't over think this. asking alters and part is something that every human being can do and does every day of their lives...if you are not dead or in a coma your brain is thinking inside millions of thoughts every day, asking inside, asking parts, asking alters is just doing what you have always done since the day you were born.... thinking to yourself questions and answering those questions for yourself as thoughts."

then she drew a line on a piece of paper, and asked me what question did you just think to your self...

my answer.... "what is she drawing?"
therapist..... see that you just asked inside what answers to that question naturally came to you?
my answer "maybe a stick person, maybe a tree, maybe shes drawing just a line.

therapist soo that you asked inside and got answers. I was drawing a straight line.

don't over think this, asking inside, asking alters, asking parts is just normal brain activity, if you are thinking and not in some hospital in a coma you are already doing this.

now when I wake up in the morning I notice I am already thinking inside with my parts. wonder whats for breakfast? maybe Ill make pancakes, wonder if the children are up, yes they are I can hear them playing,

aloud I speak to the children "ok guys first one to the kitchen gets to pick todays breakfast, on your mark get set go, (I can hear the children heading down stairs, my wife and I get up)

my brain naturally goes back to asking inside to my parts of me.. what do I want to wear today, how about the green shirt and jeans, yea that sounds good, .,..

my point dnester if you reread your posts you will see you already are doing this your post uses the words "thoughts" "in my head"

all your therapist wants you to do is when you are thinking like this to also ask a question.....

thought from your post " something was crawling on me."I knew nothing was crawling on me and had no sensation of such."

when that happens think up a question "why did I just think something was crawling on me?"

for me if this happened to me the answer that comes to me would be the cold air from the fridge passed over me and gave me chills that felt like something crawling on me.

for you the answer may be something different.

don't constantly over think or thow a million things into the basket. your therapist is just asking you to question inside like you are thinking inside.

if you are having a thought, quietly like a thought ask why did I just think that and then wait for the answer to come to you.

the answers to how and why you think the way you do is all inside yourself, stored somewhere in your brain. all you need to do is ask yourself, and your parts and your alters questions and the answers will come to you. this isn't new its something you have been doing all your life time whether you have DID or schizophrenia or no disorder at all,

just go with it and do as your treatment provider wants you to do, when you are having thoughts ask about it and get answers from inside yourself.
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote