catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2019 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
i just talked to my psychiatrist. her take on it is: rexulti is better for Schizophrenia with negative symptoms and bad depression in bipolar I+II...Abilify is good for Bipolar I maintenance, some people with Schizophrenia...and then Vraylar has a stronger dopamine-blocking action at the D2 receptors, so its better for mania, agitation in Schizophrenia, and it does some kind of magic at D3 receptors, so it might help with processing speed and such.

she wants me to try Vraylar, next appointment. blah. I'm not gung ho...it can raise prolactin, and I'm prone to EPS and such. I think I so much as move, they see 'mania.' true story.

but...useful info, nonetheless. hope this helps. :-)

You are so kind to check into all that info and share it. Thank you

My pdoc prescribed the Abilify today. I so have my fingers crossed.

What is EPS? I know what you mean about the mania. I swear, I blink and they point at me and yell "mania!"

Well, it doesn't feel great when a pdoc prescribes a med that we're not gung ho about. Been there, for sure. I will say, though, that there have been a couple of times when a med was prescribed, I thought yeah, right - but to my surprise the med turned out to be helpful.

I sure hope the Vraylar is helpful for you. Please keep me posted.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
still_crazy