View Single Post
ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2019 at 08:52 AM

I never brought it up. PC really didn't have anything to do with my own therapy.

I think one has to have good self care here. If you reveal a great deal about your therapy but the responses you get start confusing you, perhaps sharing a bit less detail and keeping your personal therapy matters confined to discussions with your therapist might be the best self care. I think that is a very individual thing, but sometimes there is a great deal of armchair quarterbacking going on that seems to distress certain members as well as very reactive responses to matters sometimes based on people's own therapy experiences. The fact is none of us are in the room in other people's sessions. We don't know the therapist. We don't even really know the members except for what is shared. And we certainly do not have a necessarily full picture of everything that is said or the personal dynamic between client and therapist. All of those factors make other people's opinions certainly worthy of being taken with a grain of salt. Other people handle the discussions about their own therapy okay without it seeming to create issues for them.

I was not one to share details about my own sessions here on PC because there just is no real way to convey it all in a post.

Know thyself.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Lonelyinmyheart, LonesomeTonight, seeker33, SlumberKitty