View Single Post
Anonymous46341
Anonymous46341 has no updates. Edit

Default Aug 14, 2019 at 09:15 AM

Hi spikes. All I know about your situation is the limited amount I've read here at PC. I fully recall your last thread on this issue, and between that and this I agree with others that a therapist is surely important for you. I do think that perhaps a different therapist may make a very positive difference. I can't say that would be the next person you would potentially choose. It could be the one after that, or the one after that. It took me many therapists to find ones that made a difference for me. I've had 9 private therapists over the years (excluding IOP/hospital ones). Only three really made a difference, but without them I would be in far worse condition than I am now.

I forget where I wrote it, but the other day I mentioned the African proverb "It takes a village to raise a child". I used that as an analogy to describe how I need many people to sufficiently support me and help me move forward. Just one doesn't cut it for me. Not even two, or three, etc. Even if some seemingly do little, them being there is important. If ever I was totally alone and in crisis, I would surely be extremely vulnerable. With as much support as possible, it's like there are many cushions on all sides to break a hard fall.

There does come a time when a "support" stops supporting completely. That's when you need to replace them with someone or something that does.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
~Christina