-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsA View Post
Why do you want to stay friends?

Good luck! I hope your ok whichever way it goes.
Thanx. Cuz he is usually kind (more than others) and helpful (more than others). He is quite sensitive though, and the time I spent with my best friend made me sort of rough around the edges because her and me are actually often quite rough with each other, it is sort of part of our social contract. With him I have to be different and I haven't yet figured out how. I realized that friendly teasing isn't OK with him, and have to accept that. We're both aspies so I don't think good social skills can be asked of any of us...... it is more important that we learn to know each other to be on the same page.

I think others have hurt him in the past so he expects hurt. I think that one is possibly one of the hardest things to deal with in a friend when it comes to mental "illness".

Anyway, he called me and I didn't answer because well I just missed the call. So now I'm afraid it will look like I missed his call on purpose. Argh. I'll give him a ring as soon as it's possible.

Also, this could also be basically nothing, and this extra stuff could be something I'm just imagining, you know...

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, MrsA, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky