View Single Post
Photonate

Member Since Apr 2019
111 hugs
given
Default Aug 15, 2019 at 02:51 PM

Hello. One of my biggest problems is sticking to, or even just trying things. A little context and insight to help you understand more of my personal situation is as follows.

-

At the core this comes down to my outlook and beliefs, which themselves relate to my (medically termed) delusions of the belief/mindset that my life, existence etc. and everything is intentional to cause harm or pain in whatever way; and that this is just the purpose and consistency of my existence. A couple examples would be eating healthy, exercising, or trying to get my GED. In a ‘normal', or ‘un-altered’ existence, I guess is the best way I can put it, I would know these are not guaranteed to fail. But like I said with my altered (hopeless, pessimistic) collective beliefs, or delusions, I usually talk myself out of it basically with the train of thought since I exist just to purposely suffer, well, they would of course not work out, so I might as well not try.

-

So with that little bit of context for my personal situation, I’m just looking for some ways, or things I could try to tell myself and challenge that train of thought/outlook, when I want/need to do something without reasoning against it. Like I said in a ‘normal' life (say, when I was a kid before any delusions set on) I would at least be more inclined to just try, you know, because things wouldn’t be meant to and predestined to fail. Even if there was a 50/50 chance, I would still try because there’s at least a chance. But due to my (deep-seated and reinforced) beliefs and outlook, I always am able to contemplate and reason against things.

Thank you for reading. I hope it all made sense and I explained things well enough for you to get the general idea of the post…

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter