View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2019 at 11:19 PM

It's so different what food is cheap, because where you live. Here potatoes are cheap, so sometimes I plan around potatoes a lot. I usually boil potatoes and use half for one meal, maybe mashed, with something cheap, like hotdogs and a cheap veggie (maybe grated carrot). The other part I fry up the next day with onion (which is really cheap here) and eggs.

Now in fall people have too much apple where I live, so I ask tree owners if I can pick some for free and they almost never say no. My favorite almost from apples is to make apple sauce and eat on thin pancakes (European pancakes). Also possible to use the same batter to make an oven pancake with apple wedges in it (maybe with cinnamon). Euro pancakes is 2 part milk to 1 part flour and no baking powder. And eggs and a bit of butter.

I love how we up here are fans of crisp bread and that it is cheap, because with soft bread I find myself not eating the bread as fast as I planned and it will go bad.

I don't really care if they say cheap sausage is bad food, I use it a lot in different ways.