View Single Post
silverblue1111

Member Since Aug 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Aug 17, 2019 at 10:35 AM

I'm so glad I found this forum. People in my life have been so judgmental when I went no contact with my family, even my therapist seems judgy about it. My brother has autism and my parents are 'special needs parents' so me being estranged makes me the ungrateful daughter.

I went no contact by accident. I live on the opposite coast from my family so we are only connected via my cell phone. I changed my number because my brother was constantly texting me inappropriate pictures. I'd had to change my number before to stop getting inappropriate texts from him but this time I didn't tell my parents the new number and I deleted my social media accounts and got a new email address. They had no way of reaching me.

Going no contact was such a relief. I kept saying that eventually, I would call my parents and let them know my new number but I could never bring myself to do it. Eventually my parents wrote me a nasty letter via snail mail, primarily pissed I had upset my brother. So I moved apartments. I went 5 years without talking to my parents. They tracked me down and are trying to maintain contact but it's only because they want me back in my dutiful daughter role. Sorry, not interested.
silverblue1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, HD7970GHZ, Mendingmysoul, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ