View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2019 at 04:27 AM

I can relate as I am in a similar situation. I live in a small town and it's awkward trying to make a new start with the same old people. Since I am a girl, I could make some suggestions about meeting girls:

1. Don't appear too eager. The fact that you really want a girlfriend can inadvertently drive some of us away. Girls lilke to be admired sometimes, but it's really creepy when someone you just met says you're beautiful or shows too much attraction. Don't talk about their physical appearances unless they bring it up and then say something casual like "You look nice."

2. Take it slow. A lot of guys I've shunned acted as if we had a deep relationship after meeting me once without even dating. Because you want to have someone, you might imagine that a new acquaintance is your soulmate and that you know them really well. If that happens, you are really having a relationship with an imaginary version of them in your mind. Don't say you care about someone or intrude into their personal lives or give too much advice unless they ask you to. Being overly familar will put off most people who haven't known you long. And keep in mind that a girl who can be intimate soon after meeting you are also more likely to cheat on you with new people they meet.

3. Make sure you know who you are without relation to other people. If you are looking for someone to complete your sense of self, you may never be truly happy because you are not satisfied with yourself. This makes you easy to exploit as well. Two people who are whole individuals on their own have better chances for a healthy relationship. Learn to exist by yourself first and then seek a partner who is your equal in self-esteem and self control. Don't look for someone you can take care of or someone to take care of you. That may appear heroic and romantic, it often leads to exploitation, unfulfilled expectations, and traumatic breakups.

4. It is hard to meet people in a small town so being friendly and not scaring people off helps to preserve your pool of potential partners. Focus on just being a good friend because friends can sometimes become girlfirends. But if you offend someone by pursuing them too eagerly, they will probably never be your friend and the chance is lost forever.

Sorry. That came out a little bossy sounding. I have often felt bad for men that I have to avoid because they were too interested and touchy-feely. I keep thinking what a shame that they cannot accept friendship but made themselves unbearable by demanding something extraordinary and end up being alone. I just think it is important to learn to live with yourself and don't expect someone to complete you because an unwhole person can never really be happy or secure with anyone. I hope I didn't offend you by telling you stuff you already know. Good luck with your new life.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Chyialee, MickeyCheeky