Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Aug 20, 2019 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
I just had my lithium level drawn and it is fine.
I definitely need to drink more water.
I had less than 2 beers tonight after work. Will try to stop after that.
I really hope that I can sleep tonight.
bizi
Try not to beat yourself up about drinking too much on your anniversary. It was a special occasion--Congratulations!

I assume you went out to have the beers after work. (It seems like you eat out a lot).

IMO it is harder to stop drinking when our spouse still drinks. Alcohol started effecting both my spouse and I's health when we got older (for me, it raises my blood pressure when I have more than one drink) so he never drinks and I rarely drink now. I might have the same struggles you do if my spouse hadn't quit. I am glad he did.

There are two things that make me want to drink more than I should. 1) When I am with other drinkers who drink a lot and are encouraging me to drink. 2) When I can't sleep at night because of unpleasant thoughts that won't stop playing in my head and there is alcohol in the house.

I notice you do not talk about how your relationship with your spouse effects you and admire that but you might need to have him "buy in" to the need to have less alcohol around the house in order to ease the temptation to drink. Hugs.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi