View Single Post
winter4me
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2019 at 07:15 AM

Keep yourself a small memo pad and take the time to jot down specific incidents and times of bullying behavior that you experience or witness. Be specific about what was said etc.
This may, if nothing else, give you a better picture of the dynamics---how this is used/plays out in the place you work. Unfortunately bullying does not continue without administrators either turning a blind eye or tacitly endorsing this, using the tension/uneasiness this causes to what they consider their benefit (it isn't, but I have worked in places where it was very much a part of the institutional pattern---it can be used to shut people up, to blame others for systems failures & it goes on.
You can pursue a hostile work environment claim (better if you have a few people in on it) but research this and be prepared---HR is with the employer. If able, be professional but calmly point out "that is bullying", or engage in behaviors to help yourself and others do your work well, praise people when you can, and if bullied, you can say "I don't respond well to being bullied/yelled at/whatever the behavior is but if you want to talk about something....". Also, when able, stand up for bullied co-workers.
Documentation is important if you choose to take if further. Unless this is really a job you want long term do begin to apply elsewhere, look around, look at other work places and make sure you not only get a tour but get to talk to other employees about the work site/conditions before accepting. (trust yr gut on this) Good Luck!

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote