shakespeare47 has no updates.

8 yr Member
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2019 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
. I find analyzing, and prepping books for a dialogue in my own books very therapeutic. One of the aspects of philosophy that is too often left out is each writer's style of reading. Nietzsche with his aphorisms, Socrates with his irony, Hume's smooth as butter style, Wittgenstien's quirks, Aristotle's plain brilliance, Plato's dialogues, Cicero's fatherly advice. There should be a literature of philosophy course in general. My own style right now is to have a conversation with whatever topic but with 5 very distinct views from differently defining Greek gods so the reader can take whichever position they want.

I like dialogues as well. I included a short dialogue as part of a paper during my first semester, but it was not well received- I was told never to do it again, lol. But, there is nothing to prevent me from using dialogues when I write the papers I really want to write- the ones I write because I want to- not for a grade.