View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Aug 23, 2019 at 03:58 PM

Hi. I just need to vent and have a little laugh at the behavior of the family narcissist. The thing that caused the bad temper today is a dog gate that she has in the doorway of her bedroom. She got this gate years ago to stop her dog crashing around and injuring himself. Well, the dog has crippled himself and has to be carried around now so the gate is useless.

Every day, the narcissist bangs into the dog gate or trips over it and has raging tantrums. It would take 2 seconds to remove the gate, but she is too blinded by her hatred for the gate to realize she no longer needs it. Today, I shut the gate because it blocks the hallway and she had a swearing tantrum at me and is going around hissing profanity and being angry for the rest of the day. I decided not to tell her she could take down the gate since there's no need to confine a dog who can't walk on it's own. But I decided to not tell her so I have something to laugh about when I have to listen to her rage and scream on a daily basis.

I read this thing on Quora where someone asked why narcissists act stupid. A person who answered said they don't act stupid, they are just stupid. So I guess the thing to remember when dealing with narcissists is that they are the big losers on life. We might feel sorry for ourselves because we have to take their crap, but it must feel crappier to be a narcissist who is too busy blaming others for their mistakes to realize that they could stop stubbing their toes if they took action on something as easy as removing an unnecessary dog gate. I'm going to see how many more years it takes for her to figure that out.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Fuzzybear, sadveiledbride, TunedOut, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Buffy01