Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2019 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
Interesting that heat triggers a flare for you guys. It's the opposite for me. Love the heat (I am a lizard afterall!) Cold just about kills me.

Christina, wear the brace day and night for awhile. Gently massaging across the tendon might help. I've gotten conflicting advise about using heat vs cold. I like the advice of a physical therapist I saw - use which ever feels best.

I don’t think the heat flares my Fibro , it’s the 14 hour drive and strange beds, running non stop. But the heat literally makes me sick, I can over heat so quickly, my husband just cant understand why he can tolerate it so much better when we both grew up in Florida.

The cold fronts here in Tennessee now those oh damn do they keep me flared up almost constantly. A pal on Facebook showed that the farmers almanac is showing it’s going to be a awful frigid winter, I sure hope that’s a big fat lie.

Thank you for the advice about the brace , I wasn’t sure if I should keep it on or off. Internet searches told me both ways ???? So yes it’s staying on and I will start massaging the area. Ice not heat seemed to do much of anything so I gave that but up.

Hope your doing well and that mess brewing to the south just twirls off to the far east and the spaghetti models can just quit the nonsense.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006