catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 29, 2019 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
My biggest trigger is seeing people not be treated equally. I get incredibly riled up by racism, religious intolerance, homophobia and pretty much any situation where someone is being treated disrespectfully for a difference they have - visible or invisible. I cry all the time when I witness such things and with the present political climate that seems to have made such behaviour permissible on account of a certain Cheeto's own example this happens more and more often. It scares me where we are headed and each time such situations and events arise I am triggered quite badly.

I have had trauma in my life particularly from my time in the Navy. Add continuous harassment to that and I pretty much get triggered by any man who fits the 'bill' by demeanor, physicality, and appearance. I feel threatened, vulnerable, scared of any ulterior motive they might have against me, nausea, and a need to be hyper-vigilant around them on account of my uber-fear they might turn on me.

So many people are feeling like you feel. I do. Afraid...seriously scared.

****TRIGGER****
-
-
-
-
-
-

What triggers me...Last night I was at a gathering of volunteers I used to work with (a mental health organization). Everyone was so friendly. The conversation turned to people hearing voices (as in psychosis or dissociative disorders). Then there was a friendly debate about whether voices should be "treated" with meds or some other method, how some cultures accept voices, and so on.

I was seated with a wall to my back, behind a table, and with people to both sides of me. There was no way out. I was sitting there battling voices in my own mind and I was trying to fake listening while trying not to start screaming, I HAVE TO GET OUT! MOVE!!!

So yeah. That was very triggering for me. I'd make a list, but I'd probably get into trouble with the mods if I did that

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul, mote.of.soul, princesscookie19