View Single Post
SalingerEsme
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2017
4,957 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2019 at 06:01 AM

I take V for huge weeks with 100 hour work stretches, but I don’t have ADHD. I do have OCD and panic disorder/ C-ptsd, and take ambien XL 12.5 to sleep. Adderall XL is too much power for me; I can feel my heart beat fast. My pcp suggested Provigil, but I could not find anyone who had taken it or knew about it. For some reason Vyvanse makes me focus with quality energy and quells panic attacks so I can give 110 percent to work. Is that a paradoxical effect or normal? I asked my doctor if it meant I had ADD and she said definitely not. This group of drugs is new to me and I don’t understand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I take adderall xr and have for nearly 14 years. I find that I am more creative because when I have ideas I am able to execute them or come up with ways to make them work. An example would be this sweet 16 I am planning for my daughter (which is this saturday). She has a semi/rocknroll theme/80's them so I came up with the idea of building centerpieces out of glued, stacked clear cassette tapes and putting fairy lights in the center of them. They are really cool. I never would have been able to get from point a to point b without being on medication. Have you ever tried anything other than vyvanse? My husband has narcolepsy and adhd and he takes provigil but it really only helps him with the tiredness it doesnt do much for his adhd.