sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 03, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Hey @Desoxyn
I suggest a sleep study regardless of narcolepsy or anything else. I had one done and each person has their own windows of sleep that they need and a sleep study is able to measure your brain waves and interpret them. For me, when we are awake we have more alpha waves and when we are in deep sleep we have more delta waves. Well, in certain phases of deep sleep my alpha waves were still trucking right along which meant that my brain tended to be more active even at rest. It turns out that I am a person who does best on 5-6 hours of sleep. It is a myth that we all need 8 hours. Alot of us do but there are subsets of the population that need more or less. I solved my insomnia through my own sleep training because sleep meds do not jive with my alcoholism. I go to bed in the same window of time and wake up in the same window of time every day, 7 days a week all year. I go to bed between 10-12 and wake up between 4-6. I have always been an early riser and love my mornings and get a lot done. I have occasional insomnia (like tonight) but I just accept it. They say too much sleep is just as bad as too little sleep but you will not know what is going on without a study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
You must know about narcolepsy (Cuz your husband has it) so unrelated question..

I sleep 11-12 hours a night. Do you think it would be sustainable if I set my alarm for 8 hours of sleep every night? Would I feel better, forcing the dream hallucinations into my awake time in the form of making me feel better and having more creativity?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote