View Single Post
yogamarley

Member Since Sep 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 08, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Oh, WILD COYOTE! I am so thrilled to see your post! I, too, have stumbled upon Mirapex/pramipexole. Yes, IT IS A MIRACLE!
I'll try to make my story super quick... I've had TRD for 18 years, doc kept throwing SSRI and various adjuncts, at me. Then Ketamine Nasal (Spravato) was approved in March. Stick with me, this part is a major player. I was ready before to travel out of state to pay thousands for iv ketamine. Then even Spravato was a several hour drive to just try (3 days, a, week for a month). And, even though I have insurance, it infuriates me that Spravato is 500-800$ per DOSE. I requested the referral from my doc... Without a second thought, he sent in a Ketamine Nasal spray to our compounding pharmacy (Spravato is Ketamine- they just mirrored the molecule--it's exactly the same drug!). I now had a month's supply for 50$! I got to try it without traveling, adjust the dosage =with doc's approval, time of day, etc. Magically, by the 2nd or 3rd week I came out of the worst depression of my life by about 70%. I was astounded, but still ill. That's when I researched like crazy why the Ketamine worked--its a Dopamine agonist, hence, I found Mirapex was also a Dopamine agonist with true and tested positive results. I added the Mirapex to the ketamine AND MY LIFE CHANGED. I want to shout on the roof tops (and may yet still do!) that there is another route of treat us TRD patients that hasn't been discovered. I'm angry about big Pharma pushing all of their serotonin concoctions to people like us. I wanted to put my experience in its own thread so it gets seen. (I will later). Mirapex plus the ketamine Nasal (screw Soravato- how dare they use their greed to charge, suffering people 500-800$ per dose). I haven't felt this good in 18 years - yes, God himself gets all the credit for his mercy on me. I actually have a future on this earth.. I'm stunned that is now possible.
Long long message, I know, sorry. But as for you, if you don't feel completely better yet, the combo of ketamine and Mirapex is nothing short of magical. Yes, tears of joy are a constant companion in my life. I do realize every person is unique... But I beg people to keep trying to get better--just staying engaged in the fight is so good for you... Hope is always there. Best wishes!, my brother in depression... We are stronger because of the battle. ❤️❤️❤️
yogamarley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote