Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Sep 08, 2019 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
awesome. i asked my new psych about mirapex. i was kinda disappointed, because she was all "I've never read data on mirapex for depression!?!" and then she asked where I found the info. I said "PubMed," and she smiled, and...ugh. I dunno. each person is different, of course. I hope I can try this and see if it goes well.

WC...thank you for sharing this, and I am -so- thankful that you've found a treatment that makes life...live-able, at long last.
Hi still_crazy!

I am sorry you have not yet been able to convince your pdoc to prescribe Mirapex. It's incredibly unfortunate! it's a relatively safe med and can be so very helpful.

I will ask my pdoc if she has any info/resources I can share here. I understand that my pdoc had learned about Mirapex from a pdoc at Brown University.

I hope we can find scientific resources, listing them here, so people might have access in order to educate their doctors.

Take care, stir_crazy!