View Single Post
silverblue1111

Member Since Aug 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
silverblue, you are correct in that if you have a sibling with special needs a parent's attention can be much more focused on that special needs child leaving the sibling with very little attention and normal nurturing. If your therapist doesn't understand that then it's time to look for another therapist that does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
silverblue, I also think that if your therapist isn't understanding its time to look for a therapist who is...
Thanks for the relies. I have fired my therapist. I believe she was taking my parent's side during therapy because she's the parent of an autistic child. She didn't believe I was emotionally neglected as a child, she blamed my symptoms on depression. It's really difficult to have someone who is supposed to be helping me have such an incorrect view of my situation. She was pushing me to reconnect with my parents and brother (we're estranged) and defending my parents during therapy.

I'm going to find a new therapist. I also have learned a bit about making sure a therapist is on my side before fully trusting one. After growing up having my feelings discounted and ignored, it's hard to have a therapist give me the same attitude, like I'm some whinny brat. I'm so sick of hearing that my parents 'did the best they could'. They didn't.
silverblue1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Mendingmysoul, possum220, unaluna