View Single Post
Thehopelessrunner

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 07:46 PM

I was diagnosed with BPD, general anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and combat PTSD about a year and a half ago. I knew something was amiss for years before. I knew I was different in the way I thought and acted.

Once I received the diagnosis, it all made sense.

I come here seeking support and ideas on how to tame my BPD and save my marriage.

The paranoid thoughts, constant fear of abondonment and rejection, constant struggle with identity , constant struggle with self image, are all taking its toll on my wife. She catches the hell for my mood changes and catches the rage when I have any fear or thought that she is going to leave or is having an affair....thoughts that enter my mind regularly.

I am just now starting treatment/counseling and I am prescribed abilify...but I'm not sure how well that works for my symptoms.

I have been doing some reading at BPD and medication combinations and just wondering what everyone's consensus is on what works and what doesn't?

Any tips on calming the irrational paranoid thoughts that sometimes consume my mind?
Thehopelessrunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote