~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2019 at 11:27 PM

Is he seeing his Pdoc on a regular basis? Sometimes a tweak in meds can make a huge difference. Does he have a Therapist ?

Therapy is a great place to learn coping skills but also to set goals and work hard to reach them. Some people just need a different Therapist if they arent improving there life day to day.

You don’t mention what mental illness he struggles with so it’s hard to maybe offer more specific advice.

Has he always left you the majority of household chores to do from the beginning of your relationship ?

Of course resentment is going to build overtime , how could it not.

I think your best bet as for finding a Therapist for couples counseling is by going on your insurance website and just start calling , if you call them all and no one is accepting new clients or the wait til is to far out you can force your insurance to cover someone outside your network if you have such a plan.

Unfortunately your going to need to do the legwork in finding someone who might help you as a couple.

Do you have your own therapist ? You need help to process your current situation and figure out what you should do at this point.

I’m sorry you feel your life just isn’t what you invisioned , but things can change with him or without him.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, MickeyCheeky