View Single Post
Mendingmysoul
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2019
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 08:53 AM

I was thinking about you.I am glad to hear from you.Your mother barges in,of course she does.They don't honor boundaries.They can create misery out of nothing. Life is really hard when our own parents are like that.Take as many distractions as you can.Once you are an adult, you can move out or go to college out of state.Being away physically far away from her will bring some solace to your heart.I am guessing your dad doesn't want you to complain about your mother,but he knows you are suffering. Maybe you can spend some quality time with your dad when your mom is not present.My dad ignored the fact that mom abused me.And was angry if I tried to tell him.He liked to pretend my mom was an angel.But he himself was ok with me.I had some good time with him.It kept me sane.If your dad is nice to you,find a common interest with him and try to connect with him emotionally. I am guessing he too is scared of your mom.In that case he will connect with you emotionally.Me and my dad used to sing songs together discussed about movies,astronomy things like that.It took my mind away from the abuse.I am telling you about what worked for me,in the hope that something may as well work for you to cope and survive,until a real solution comes your way.Good luck to you.
Mendingmysoul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bdgirl9918