View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 09:14 AM

In my experience, most Ts try to present a favorable image at an interview and answer questions in ways they think the client would want to hear. They have had plenty of opportunities to practice that skill, it is just like any other job interview IMO - they want to get hired. So I would generally focus on factual, practical information - e.g. about their education, therapeutic approaches, policies around contact and cancellations, etc. I also would not reveal too much about myself before asking the questions I want - that way they can manipulate and tailor their responses better. I rejected Ts because it became very clear very fast that they refused to answer many questions under the disguise they prefer to investigate the meaning of the questions with the client. That is okay during ongoing therapy, but in an interview? No, it is usually an early sign that they will tend to be manipulative beyond what I am willing to take. I actually learned this from one experience with a T - I did not think much of his refusal to answer questions and to engage at first, and later on he turned out to be sloppy, a very bad manipulator, and even unskilled, and got fired anyway. Thinking in retrospect, I could have clearly filtered him out had I paid more attention to his initial reactions and my (ambivalent, to start with) impressions.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
HowDoYouFeelMeow?