View Single Post
Thehopelessrunner
Thehopelessrunner has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 09:31 AM

Yes my wife knows about my diagnosis. She has done some reading online about it. It scares her. Because a lot of these websites basically portray people with bpd as these manipulating horrible people that will ruin your life.

She has been very supportive and been there for me but it drains and exhausts her. She also is basically a stay at home mom to our 2 kids, ages 4 and 2, so that in itself is draining as well.

She has displayed a ton of understanding and patience but she has basically put the ball in my court. She said if I want this marriage to work out, that I need to work on myself through counseling and medication. Which I agree with her. I do need to work on myself.

A big thing she is afraid of is the arguing and yelling sometimes is done in front of the kids. She doesn't want our kids to be tramuatized from the fights and have them grow up feeling some type of way.

I have not tried the pause technique. In some instances I can see it working. In others, I'm not sure. When I get upset, the rage overtakes my body and mind and soul. It's hard to back off of the rage sometimes.
Thehopelessrunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Kathleen83, TreeGoddess