View Single Post
Elaina1
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2019
Default Sep 11, 2019 at 10:49 AM

When on earth will the trust return? And what if it doesn't?

Both of my parents are alcoholics... My mom tends to be worse than my dad, but both are bad.

My mom just got out of 30 days at Rehab. It was her... Hang on, I need to count on 2 hands now... 6th stay? Though the only time shes done a full treatment. My dads done 2. But in between, both have also come to my house to detox at least 1 time each when they didn't want to go in.

Basically, I am 29 years old, I have a 4 year old little girl, and my last year has ****ing sucked. Because yes, those 6 stays and detoxing at my home, all happened over 1 year.

My dad took my mom back into the house. She was the bad one... She drank at work in her car in the parking lot, and when I went to pick her *** up, she was a point .37. She had a seizure, had to go to the hospital by ambulance... over all, a ****** day. She lost her job (3rd one of those in a year too). And I think the only reason she went in is because I had a social worker at the hospital give me the paperwork for Section 35 and told her that if she didn't, I was going to court the next day and she was being arrested.

My dad swore he wasn't letting her move back home after that stunt. Said he was calling for a divorce lawyer. But I guess he realized that was like the pot calling the kettle black, given he had been drinking at home too. Just because it was at home, doesn't mean you are much better, dad!

So then he changed, ad said he would take her back, but after rehab she had to go to a sober home. I even offered to have her move in with me to keep an eye on her, because I know they are no good for each other right now... They need space to heal and recover!

But in the end, she got released, she went home, and all "is well". And already, I feel like nothings changed. she talked such a good talk when in rehab. My dad called me every night before work. We spent time together. We visited. My mom had only 10 minutes of phone time every other day, and I think we still talked more in rehab than we have since her release.

And that's worries me... Because its what they do every damn time. They get into old habbits, and stop calling, hang up on myself and my sister quickly when we call, because they don't want to be caught.

Maybe its different... maybe shes embarrassed and ashamed to talk to me? But after I held her on her side to keep her from choking to death while she seized, after I got my dads *** up to go get Xrays when he fell down the stairs drunk... I would think there is nothing left that could embarrass them. I have seen them at their worst. So then... I can only imagine that its because they are drinking again.

I work at an office where my dad works night shift... So this morning I walked by his cube, saw his open water on his desk, and took a sip to be sure it wasn't vodka. it wasn't. But when, oh when will I trust them again? Can I ever?

I just miss my old parents, the ones I had before the alcohol... I wish my daughter could meet them, they were way better than the grandparents shes stuck with now....

TLDR: My parents are both alcoholics, and I don't believe them when they say they aren't drinking anymore and can no longer trust them...
Elaina1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, cygne, yagr

Thanks for this!
Bill3