Conflicted...

Member Since Jul 2010
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Sep 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I think exercising causes your muscles to hold water as they repair themselves, so not exercising for three days may have released that water, hence the weight loss.

Its like how body builders learn to manipulate their exercise, fuel and fluid intake in the week or two before a competition in order to show off their muscles to the best advantage, muscles pumped but skin not bloated.

So youre really seeing the effects of your diet and exercise over the long term, not the past 3 days. You are doing incredible!

I am the same way as you described a few posts ago - if i lose some, i almost compulsively gain it back. I almost had a heart attack at the drs this week when my wgt was still down the 5 lbs i lost last month!

Thanks. I was getting really frustrated not seeing the results I wanted. However, when I workout I tend to continually push harder and harder. Maybe that is why I am not really seeing it on the scale so much. I definitely feel better overall regardless, but the weight loss would definitely help with my overall health. I have a good 70ish pounds I want to lose still. Slow and steady. I have to remember the weight gain didn't happen overnight and the weight loss needs to be slow and steady to be healthy and maintainable. I will be doing hip and waist measurements each month. See what happens. I also know this needs to be a lifestyle change that is what I am focusing on...or trying to...finding something that I can maintain longterm so that when I lose it...it will be easier to keep off.
DelusionsDaily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna